Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Late Advice

Late Advice

I'm sitting here waiting for the man to bring my car around. Listening to a woman pour her heart out in a song. And all I can do is think of ____
There was an old man sitting next to me. And he told me I remined him of someone he knew. He said "I once loved someone but I let her go." As my car pulled up and I walked away he started to cry and said one last thing
"Never let it happen to you"

-but it's to late
for that
isn't it

The other morning as I walked into a gas station for my morning tea, there was this little girl crying. She ran to me and asked had I seen it "Did you see it?" She lost it and now it's gone. And as I payed for my cup of tea and walked away she yelled to me:
"Why did it happen to me? Wasn't I good? Never let it happen to you!"

-but it's to late
for that
you know that

Last night as I sat down in my room I started to undress. I got a phone call from an old friend. Who told me how their heart had been beaten. And love doesn't exist. To learn how to use before you've been used. And as we said our goodbyes right before I hung up. I said one last thing to her:
"You can never stop life from going where it wants. Love is always there for you to find, but you gotta know how to hold on to it. Never hesitate. Don't wait til it's to late."

-but it's to late
for me
because
i've already lost you


- lola besott

No comments:

Post a Comment